Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, Lubbock County reported 99 new cases of COVID-19.
- One additional death was also reported.
- There are currently 1,841 active cases in Lubbock County.
- A total of 79 people have died.
- Read more here: COVID-19: Lubbock reports 99 new cases, 128 new recoveries, 1 new death
The number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in Texas came in at more than 9,100.
- That was in the state’s latest update.
- Hospitalizations continue on a steady decline and have not gone past 9,000 since the the beginning of the month.
- Read more from The Texas Tribune here:
The remnants of Hurricane Isaias are now moving over Canada after hammering the East Cost.
- The storm caused widespread flooding and spawned tornadoes in North Carolina and Maryland.
- At least six deaths are being blamed on the storm.
- Read more here: Tropical storm Isaias whips up eastern US, killing at least 6
A massive explosion in Beirut, Lebanon killed at least 100 people and injured 4,000.
- A fire at a port spread to a building which housed 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate.
- The blast was felt 200 miles away in neighboring countries.
- Read more here: Lebanese confront devastation after massive Beirut explosion
Congressional lawmakers are still working on a new COVID relief package.
- They are close to an agreement on stimulus checks and aid for small businesses but far apart on other issues.
- The White House is calling for a deal by the end of the week.
- Read more here: Progress slow as urgency grows on virus relief legislation
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.