LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Trump supporters circled Loop 289 again on Sunday evening, Oct. 18, as part of their second Trump Train event.
The vehicles, marked with Trump, American, Texas, or Blue Line flags, cruised around Loop 289 from 5 p.m. until dark, setting out from Cook’s Garage, located at 114th Street and Tahoka Highway, after listening to a variety of speakers and enjoying vendors and food trucks.
Organizers invited people to, “Come out, support our President, and show your love for the values we hold dear. Bring your Trump, American, Texas, Pro Life, Back the Blue, and any other flags showing support for our values. Please keep this family friendly, peaceful, and safe. Let’s rock Lubbock, TX and show President Trump how much we love and support him.”
They released this list of speakers on Friday, including Congressman Jodey Arrington:
- Pastor Jake Fehr
- Cochran County Commissioner Eric Silhan
- Mayor Kim Silhan - Morton
- Mayor Shannon Thomason - Big Spring
- Pastor Steve Friskup
- Abraham Enriquez Founder of Bienvenido
- Betty Cardenas Chairwoman of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly
- Mark Lee Dickson Director of Right to Life of East Texas
- Dustin Burrows Texas State Representative
- Jackie Schlegel Founder & Executive Director at Texans for Vaccine Choice
- Steve Munisteri Senior Advisor to John Cornyn Campaign and Former Republican Party of Texas Chairman
- Jodey Arrington United States Congressman
- Pastor Carl Toti
Organizers estimate 8,000 vehicles showed up for the previous rally on Sept. 27.
They say the line of vehicles made it all the way around the Loop during the previous rally, before the last vehicle left the Cook’s Garage parking area. The loop is 26.9 miles.
“We guesstimated about 8,000 give or take, the front of the line circled the whole loop while cars were still pulling out of here. Everything went smooth, it was fun, friendly and peaceful!”
We don’t know of any scheduled Biden events at this time. If you have information about a scheduled event, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.