LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Planned Parenthood Lubbock Health Center announced the opening of a new Lubbock health center on Friday morning.
During the news conference at the location of Planned Parenthood, officials announced abortions will be performed within a year of when the center opens. The center will open on Monday, Oct. 26, 2020.
The location is listed as 3716 22nd Place. They are accepting in-person and telemedicine appointments now at 806-696-3436 or at their website here: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/texas/lubbock/79410/lubbock-health-center-2674-91620
Officials say they already have appointments scheduled for next week.
They said, “Medication and surgical abortion services will be provided at a later point during the year ahead.”
Here are the details they released on Thursday:
Now accepting in-person and telemedicine healthcare appointments for patients seeking the following healthcare services:
- breast and cervical cancer screenings
- full range of birth control (including IUDs and implants)
- testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- HIV tests
- PrEP and PEP medication to prevent HIV transmission
- treatment for urinary tract and vaginal infections
- annual well checks
- HPV and flu vaccines, and other essential healthcare services
- Medication and surgical abortion services will be provided at a later point during the year ahead.
“All are welcome at Planned Parenthood regardless of insurance or documentation status, income level, where they live or who they love. Planned Parenthood is proud to be a trusted resource for LGBTQ patients. Planned Parenthood is proud to be part of Lubbock’s friendly, diverse community,” said officials in a news release.
Affordable healthcare services: Uninsured patients may be eligible for patient assistance funding for birth control; breast and cervical cancer screenings; STI testing and treatment; and HPV vaccines to prevent certain types of cancer.