LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - The City of Lubbock has closed some roadways because of the icy road conditions. Drivers are asked to use alternate routes. Lubbock Police are asking motorists to avoid these areas. Please remember to slow down, take your time and be careful.
Between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m., University Medical Center EMS responded to more than 73 weather-related crashes.
Here are the current road closures in Lubbock:
- Marsha Sharp Freeway at West Loop 289 both westbound and eastbound main lanes are closed.
- Intersection of Slide Road and 11th Street is closed due to a water main break.
- 9th Street and Marsha Sharp Freeway,
- Marsha Sharp Freeway and West Loop 289 flyover,
- South Loop 289 and I-27 flyover,
- Spur 327 at Milwaukee Ave.
- The westbound ramp at Spur 327 and Frankford is shut down after a single vehicle crash.
This is a developing story and will be updated with more information.