LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - The Lubbock Police Department is warning drivers to be careful when approaching traffic lights that are without power.
Several traffic signals on Slide Road are out. That includes the light at South Loop 289. The department is asking anyone who drives near those areas to avoid it if possible.
Marsha Sharp Freeway eastbound main lanes are now open. Please continue to drive slowly and with caution.
Marsha Sharp Freeway westbound main lanes are now open. Please continue to drive slowly and with caution.
The Lubbock Police Department has closed more roads in Lubbock as wintry weather continues to create hazardous road conditions.
- Marsha Sharp Freeway flyover westbound to West Loop 289
- West Loop 289 flyover to Marsha Sharp Freeway eastbound
- Marsha Sharp Freeway to 19th Street flyover both directions
- 4th Street eastbound to Marsha Sharp Freeway flyover
- South Loop 289 to I-27 flyover
- Broadway from Avenue E to Avenue A
In addition, the following intersections are currently without power, and the traffic signals are blacked out:
- 69th Street and Slide Road
- 19th Street and Boston Avenue
Additional road closures may also be announced throughout the day.