Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, the City of Lubbock is preparing to restrict outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people.
- There will be exceptions for schools, sporting events and religious services.
- The restrictions will go into effect on Sunday, so no events scheduled for Saturday will be affected.
- Read more here: Different restrictions on outdoor gatherings between city, county of Lubbock
Today is the final day of early voting in Texas for the Nov. 3 election.
- More than 5,000 people voted Thursday in Lubbock County. So far, more than 88,000 people have voted.
- The polls open at 8 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. in most places.
- Read more here: COVID-19: Lubbock reports 281 new cases, 7 additional deaths, hospitalization rate at 20.41%
Texas Tech will host No. 24 Oklahoma at 7 p.m. Saturday inside Jones AT&T Stadium.
- The Sooners are coming off a win over TCU, while the Red Raiders hope for a win on Halloween night.
Hurricane Zeta is being blamed for at least six deaths across the deep South.
- The storm damaged homes, tossed boats and toppled trees.
- Zeta also knocked out power to more than 2 million customers in seven states.
- Read more here: Zeta batters Southeast after swamping Gulf Coast; 6 dead
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.