Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, many area school districts have announced delays, closures or movements to online learning as clean-up continues from Sunday’s snowfall.
- Lubbock and Lubbock-Cooper school districts will move to online instruction.
- Frenship Independent School District will not open today.
- Get an entire lists of changes here.
This morning will start off cold but no more snow is expected across the South Plains.
- Monday will start in the teens in some places but a warm-up will continue throughout the week.
- See the latest in weather here.
The City of Lubbock will close one of its testing sites today.
- Testing will not take place inside the Combest Community Health & Wellness Center.
- Regular testing will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. inside the Rodgers Park Gym and Rip Griffin Center.
- Those details here: City to close 1 COVID testing site, others to stay open
Many law enforcement agencies continue to warn drivers to be cautious on area roadways.
- Moisture on roadways could have frozen overnight, causing some ice build-up.
- The Lubbock Police Department has re-opened Loop 289, but encourages drivers to use caution.
- Read more here: Travel warnings sent as ice freezes on roadways
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.