Good morning and thank you for joining us!
On Daybreak Today, a federal magistrate judge denied a Lubbock dentist’s request to be released from jail.
- Jason White is facing federal child pornography charges.
- The magistrate said White is a flight risk and a danger to the community.
- Get those details here: Federal magistrate judge denies Lubbock dentist’s release from jail
A man is charged with tampering with a corpse in the disappearance of a Plainview woman.
- Troopers with the Department of Public Safety say Cory Lee Webster was found driving Traci Boston’s truck, who was reported missing last month.
- Family members say Boston’s remains were found last week near Hale Center.
- Read more here: Man charged with tampering with a corpse after human remains found in Hale Center
The National Weather Service has confirmed a tornado in a town north of Birmingham, Alabama.
- First responders say at least six people have been hospitalized and one person is confirmed dead.
- Because of the damage, it is thought there could be an increase in deaths and injuries.
- Updates will be provided here: Fatality confirmed after overnight tornado in northern Jefferson County
The Senate will be sworn-in today as jurors in the second impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump.
- He is accused of inciting the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
- The Senate trial will begin the week of Feb. 8. If convicted the president could be barred from holding office again.
- Read more from the Associated Press here: Trump impeachment goes to Senate, testing his sway over GOP
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.