On Daybreak Today,
The first two cases of COVID-19 in Lubbock were announced one year ago today.
- Since then, more than 48,000 cases have been reported with 720 deaths.
- There are currently 150 active cases with more than 75,000 residents with at least one vaccine dose.
- Get the latest in COVID here: Lubbock reports 5 new cases, no additional deaths on Tuesday
Police are looking for the suspect in an attempted kidnapping.
- A Texas Tech student said a man tried to grab her Tuesday morning while she was walking near 17th Street and Salem Avenue.
- She ran to a nearby home, which captured the suspect on a surveillance camera.
- KCBD NewsChannel 11′s Blair Sabol has the story: Tech student hopes to warn others after photographing the man who grabbed her
Police are investigating the death of a man found in a tree near 36th Street and Wayne.
- The man was trimming the tree but neighbors later found him unresponsive.
- There is no word on how he died.
- Any updates can be found here: Person dies trimming trees; LPD, Lubbock Fire recover body
At least eight women are dead after a shooting spree in Atlanta.
- Police say a gunman opened fire inside three different massage parlors.
- The suspect is behind bars.
- Read the latest here: 8 dead in Georgia massage parlor shootings; man captured
A declassified report says Russia’s president authorized efforts to interfere in the 2020 presidential election.
- Russia supported Trump’s re-election bid while trying to undermine Biden and sow distrust in the electoral system.
- The report also found Iran tried to undercut President Donald Trump’s candidacy.
- Read more here: US: Putin approved operations to help Trump against Biden
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.