On Daybreak Today,
Voters passed a proposal to effectively ban abortion inside Lubbock city limits.
- Mayor Dan Pope said the ordinance will likely go into effect by June 1.
- The Lubbock City Council will canvass votes May 11.
Voters approved a $420 million bond package for the Lubbock-Cooper School District.
- The money will be used to build three new schools and athletic facilities along with renovations at existing campuses.
- Get a look at the details here: Voters approve Prop A, set to make Lubbock a Sanctuary City for the Unborn
The company that made the video game Fortnite is taking apple to trial today.
- Epic Games says Apple is monopolizing its app store and taking too much commission from app makers.
- The federal trial starts later this morning in Oakland, California.
- Read more here: Apple’s app store goes on trial in threat to ‘walled garden’
At least four people are dead and 27 injured after a boat capsized off the coast of San Diego.
- Investigators believe the boat was being used to smuggle migrants into the United States.
- The captain is in custody.
- Get the latest here: 3 killed, 27 hospitalized after boat capsizes off San Diego coast
SpaceX is celebrating the return of its first manned crew mission.
- The four astronauts left the International Space Station and splashed down Sunday off the coast of Florida.
- The crew spent the last six months in space.
- Read more on the splashdown here: SpaceX returns 4 astronauts to Earth with rare night splashdown
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.