Daybreak Today Wednesday Morning Brief
Amber Alert issued from Corpus Christi, changes presented on city charter, Abbott signs power grid legislation
On Daybreak Today,
President Joe Biden is going to Europe on the first foreign trip of his time in office.
- During his trip to the United Kingdom he is expected to meet with British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, to talk about bilateral issues.
- President Biden is also scheduled to attend the group of seven nations conference in Cornwall.
- Read more here: On 1st overseas trip, Biden to assure allies and meet Putin
Corpus Christi police believe a man wanted for murder and aggravated assault kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and her daughter.
- The search is on for 1-year-old Zaylee Zamor and her mother, 18-year-old Jezabel Zamora.
- Police believe the man, 24-year-old Kristian Garcia, kidnapped both from their Corpus Christi home Tuesday night.
- Get the latest here: Amber Alert: Murder suspect abducts Texas teen and toddler
Gov. Greg Abbott signed two bills he says will protect the state from power problems caused by winter storms.
- These address the electric reliability council of Texas and the weatherization of the power grid.
- In February, Texas lost nearly half of its energy generation because of severe weather.
- Read more from The Texas Tribune: Texas power generation companies will have to better prepare for extreme weather under bills Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law
The Lubbock City Council heard several recommendations from its appointed Charter Review Committee on Tuesday.
- The council can choose to adopt some or all of its recommendations, or do nothing.
- Any changes will go to voters in November.
- Read more from KCBD NewsChannel 11′s Blair Sabol: Charter review committee recommends council pay increases, referendum changes
A federal judge has ordered Bart Reagor and his wife to pay millions to an insurance company.
- The couple signed a contract with Universal Underwriters for a $3 million personal guarantee loan.
- Attorneys with Universal say the couple failed and refused to fulfill their obligations.
- Read more here: Bart Reagor, wife ordered to pay $2.7 million to Universal Underwriters Services
Read more top headlines here:
- Local nonprofits need Congress to save Crime Victims Fund
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at Southcrest Baptist Church every Wednesday in June
- Texas Tech University System welcomes Midwestern State University
- As severe weather season comes close to end, preparedness still needed
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.