Daybreak Today Monday Morning Brief
2 arrested in teenager’s death investigation, search continues for Levelland man, Biden heads to first NATO summit
On Daybreak Today,
A 17-year-old Abernathy boy and another juvenile are in custody for a deadly shooting in Lubbock.
- They are both charged with murder.
- Investigators say they killed a 14-year-old boy last week during a shooting at the Ella Apartments.
- Read the latest here: 2 arrested in connection with fatal shooting at Lubbock apartment
Levelland police continue the search for 23-year-old Greg Balboa.
- Over the weekend, authorities in Clovis, New Mexico found a vehicle he was said to be driving.
- There are still no signs of Balboa.
- More on his disappearance will be updated later this morning.
A New York man has died after being injured in a mass shooting in Austin’s entertainment district.
- At least 14 people were injured in the shooting early Saturday morning.
- One juvenile is in custody and police are searching for another suspect.
- Get the latest here: Man, 25, dies after downtown Austin shooting that wounded 14
Israel has a new prime minister.
- Naftali Bennett took the oath of office Sunday, ending Benjamin Netanyahu’s 12 years in office.
- Bennett says he will work to find common ground in Israel’s most diverse government.
- Read more here: Israel swears in new coalition, ending Netanyahu’s long rule
President Joe Biden in in Belgium for his first NATO summit.
- He will reaffirm America’s commitment to the 30-national alliance.
- Biden will also discuss efforts to counter provocative actions by China and Russia.
- Read more here: Biden at NATO: Ready to talk China, Russia and soothe allies
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.