Daybreak Today Tuesday Morning Brief
ERCOT encourages energy conservation, arrest made in decades-old murder, Biden meets with EU leaders
On Daybreak Today,
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas is asking customers to conserve energy this week.
- The agency says an unexpected number of power plants are offline for repairs while demand is high.
- No outages are expected at this time.
- Read more here: ERCOT leadership on forced outages: “It’s very concerning”
Authorities made an arrest in the murder of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
- She disappeared from Colorado City in 2010.
- Her mother’s ex-boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, is now charged with Dunn’s murder.
- There is now word on what led to the arrest: Person of interest arrested, charged with Hailey Dunn’s murder in 2010
Austin police arrested a second suspect in a deadly shooting on Sixth Street.
- One person died and 13 others were injured early Saturday morning, when several people began shooting.
- Another suspect was arrested over the weekend.
- Read the latest here: 2nd arrest made in deadly downtown Austin mass shooting
The House Judiciary Committee will investigate the Trump Justice Department to seize phone and email records from journalists and Congressional members.
- The justice department sought the records in 2018, while investigating White House leaks.
- Read more here: AP source: Justice Department secretly subpoenaed McGahn’s records
President Joe Biden is still in Brussels today for a NATO summit.
- He will meet with European Union leaders today to discuss Russia and some trade taxes.
- They are expected to do away with tariffs on about $11.5 billion in goods.
- Read more from Reuters: After NATO, Biden turns to EU for renewal of transatlantic ties
Read more top headlines here:
- Sacred religious items trashed, burglarized at Southwest Lubbock church
- Lubbock police chief in favor of officer raises, says budget process will reveal how much
- Missing Levelland man’s body found in Curry Co. New Mexico
- City of Lubbock to host COVID-19 vaccine clinic at Smith Temple Community Church
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.