Advertisement

LFR puts out garage fire in 2400 block of 88th

Updated: Jun. 20, 2021 at 5:47 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Lubbock Fire Rescue was called to the scene of a garage fire in the 2400 block of 88th Street on Sunday afternoon.

The call came in around 4:30 p.m. A passerby called 911 after seeing smoke coming from a house.

LFR crews discovered a fire in the garage of the residence and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

There was fire damage to the garage and attic space and smoke damage to the interior of the home.

There were no injuries reported.

Fire Marshals classified this as accidental with the cause being a hot charcoal chimney starter stored too close to combustibles in the garage.

Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.