Daybreak Today Monday Morning Brief
3 WBU students dead in Floyd County crash, Claudette regains tropical storm status, Iran talks nuclear deal
On Daybreak Today,
Three Wayland Baptist University students are dead after a crash Saturday afternoon in Floyd County.
- Investigators say their SUV hit an semi-truck.
- The driver of the semi had minor injuries.
- Read more here: 3 Wayland Baptist students killed in Saturday afternoon wreck
A fire damaged a home in South Lubbock Sunday afternoon in the 2400 block of 88th Street.
- Investigators say a hot charcoal starter was stored too close to combustible materials in the garage.
- It started the fire and spread to the attic. No injuries were reported.
- Read more here: LFR puts out garage fire in 2400 block of 88th
Tropical Storm Claudette has regained tropical storm strength this morning.
- More flash floods and tornadoes are possible as it passes through the Carolinas and Georgia.
- At least 13 deaths are being blamed on the storm.
- Get the latest: Claudette regains tropical storm strength after 13 deaths
Diplomats say progress is being made in talks on restoring the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Negotiators say a deal is closer but there are still some details that need to be worked out.
- It is up to government leaders to address the political problems.
- Read more here: Europeans, U.S. warn Iran nuclear talks won’t be open-ended
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.