Daybreak Today Tuesday Morning Brief
Police shoot man after chase, search continues in Florida after collapse, Tropical Storm Elsa to make landfall
On Daybreak Today,
A man is in the hospital after being shot by police near Laura Bush Middle School, near 118th and Kenosha Avenue.
- Police say the man fired a shotgun near 37th Street and Avenue Q, then led officers on a chase.
- Investigators say he rammed several patrol cars, which forced them to shoot.
- Updates will be posted here: Suspect seriously injured after officer-involved shooting in South Lubbock
The hunt continues for two homicide suspects from Snyder.
- Police say Donald Emerson and Misty Parham shot Snyder-man Norris Williams Thursday in an apartment.
- Those who know anything about the pair are asked to call Snyder police.
- Read the latest here: Snyder Police searching for suspects wanted for murder
A plane carrying 28 people disappeared from radar this morning in Eastern Russia.
- It crashed into the ocean while preparing to land in Kamchatka.
- There is no word why the plane went down.
- Read more here: No survivors from plane crash in Russia’s far east, rescue officials say
The death toll from the condominium collapse in Surfside, Florida has risen to 28 people.
- Crews recovered another body while searching previously inaccessible areas.
- Authorities say the search is going much faster after a team demolished the rest of the building.
- Get the latest here: Storm threat hangs over renewed search at Florida condo site
Tropical Storm Elsa is battering Florida’s Gulf Coast this morning.
- The storm could approach hurricane-strength as it makes its way north.
- Elsa is expected to make landfall later today.
- Read the latest: Tropical Storm Elsa, back over water, takes aim at Florida
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.