Daybreak Today Wednesday Morning Brief
Police detail chase that led to shooting, ceremony scheduled to commemorate Dallas officers, Elsa gets closer to Florida
On Daybreak Today,
Tropical Storm Elsa is battering Florida’s Gulf Coast.
- The storm is about 60 miles west of Tampa and is headed north.
- Elsa has sustained winds of 70 mph.
- The storm is expected to produce heavy rain and a storm surge before it makes landfall.
- Get the latest here:
Police identified the suspect who was shot after a chase from Central-to-South Lubbock.
- They identified 41-year-old Jerome Garcia and charged him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- He is accused of firing a shotgun during a dispute before leading officers on a chase.
- Read more here:
One suspect in a deadly shooting in Snyder is now behind bars.
- Investigators are still looking for Misty Parham.
- Parham and Donald Emerson are accused of shooting Norris Lee Williams last week in an apartment in Snyder.
- More details here:
Ceremonies will take place today to remember five Dallas police officers killed in an ambush in 2019.
- A gunman opened fire on police and protesters in downtown Dallas five years ago.
- A ceremony will take place for their families this morning, followed by a candlelight vigil later tonight.
Crews continue working to find victims of a building collapse in South Florida.
- Rescuers found eight more bodies Tuesday, which raised the death toll to 36 people.
- There are still 109 unaccounted for.
- Search teams say they are not finding any signs anyone survived the collapse.
- Read more here:
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.