Daybreak Today Monday Morning Brief
1 injured after weekend rollover, Texas advances voting bills, Pfizer recommends COVID booster shot
On Daybreak Today,
One person was hospitalized after a crash near 66th Street and South Loop 289 early Saturday morning.
- Police say Brodie Pinkerton lost control of his SUV, causing it to roll several times.
- He was taken to University Medical Center.
- Read those details here: 1 seriously injured in overnight crash in Lubbock
Texas lawmakers advanced another set of voting bills in the House and Senate.
- The bills set restrictions on hours of voting and what election coordinators can do with mail-in ballots.
- Those advanced to the full chamber over the weekend, a vote could come this week.
- Get the latest from The Texas Tribune here: GOP voting bills advance in Texas House and Senate after overnight committee hearings
Thousands of Cubans are protesting worsening conditions as the island deals with a third wave of COVID infections.
- The island is dealing with a shortage of food, medicine and other supplies.
- Residents are also dealing with power outages.
- Read more here: Cubans take to streets in rare protests over lack of freedoms and worsening economy
Pfizer plans to meet with U.S. health officials today, to discuss authorization for a third dose of its COVID-19 vaccine.
- The company says the booster would be needed within one year.
- The CDC and FDA say no boosters are needed yet. Studies are underway to determine if they are necessary.
- Get the details here: Pfizer to discuss vaccine booster with US officials Monday
Virgin Galactic founder Richard Branson and five crewmates flew into sub-orbital space on Sunday.
- The ship took off from New Mexico.
- The company is now accepting reservations for space-flights, at $250,000 a ticket.
- Read more here: Billionaire Richard Branson reaches space in his own ship
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.