Daybreak Today Tuesday Morning Brief
Post’s Live Community Coverage recap, Levelland shows support for injured officer, Bezos headed to space
On Daybreak Today,
Levelland residents are displaying ribbons and signs to support police Sgt. Shawn Wilson.
- He was injured last week in a standoff that killed Lubbock SWAT Sgt. Josh Bartlett.
- Get more details here: Levelland community shows solidarity for injured Sgt. Shawn Wilson
In Case You Missed It We are in the middle of the KCBD Live Community Coverage Tour. Get those details here.
Levelland police also say the suspect in that standoff will face multiple charges, including capital murder and aggravated assault against a peace officer.
- The 22-year-old Omar Soto-Chavira remains in custody in a Lubbock hospital.
At least 80 wildfires in 13 states continue to burn in the Western United States.
- The Bootleg Fire in Oregon remains the largest burning in the U.S.
- Nearly 70 homes have been destroyed by the fire.
- Read more here: Calls for outside help as extreme weather fuels Oregon fires
Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos, is hours away from flying to space.
- He and three others will make the first, manned flight in the New Shepard rocket.
- The crew includes the youngest and oldest people to ever fly to space. Liftoff is scheduled for 8 a.m. from Van Horn.
- Get live updates here: Bezos riding own rocket on company’s 1st flight with people
Read our Community Coverage stories here:
- Good Neighbor Spotlight: Zachary Courtney
- Community Coverage Tour 2021: Facts about Post
- Community Coverage Tour 2021: Ragtown Gospel Theater in Post
- Garza County Museum shares history in old Post Sanitarium
- Community Coverage Tour: Post’s famous cowboy Jeff Williams
- Community Coverage Tour: Ag Spotlight on Mason Farms Partnership
- Tonight we will be in Sundown, with live coverage starting at 5 p.m.
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.