Daybreak Today Tuesday Morning Brief
COVID cases continue to increase in Lubbock, Big 12 changes take stage in Austin, vaccination goal reached a month late
On Daybreak Today,
Lubbock County recorded 109 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday.
- That brings the number of active cases to 1,416.
- There are now 150 COVID-19 patients in area hospitals.
- The hospitalization rate rose to 10.49%.
- Get those details and vaccination information here: Lubbock reports 109 new cases on Monday, hospitalizations for the area exceed 10% capacity
There are more than 6,800 people hospitalized in Texas with COVID-19.
- That number has continually increased since the beginning of July.
- State data shows the number of vaccinations administered is also going up.
- Read more from The Texas Tribune: With the delta variant spreading, the number of hospitalized Texans has increased to levels not seen since February
The Texas Senate Select Committee on College Sports met to discuss the impending move of Texas and Oklahoma universities to the Southeastern Conference.
- Other Texas schools say the move will hurt recruitment, limit TV exposure and impact revenue from merchandise.
- KCBD NewsChannel 11′s Kase Wilbanks brings the highlights: Texas Tech testifies in first hearing at Texas Legislature regarding UT’s departure from Big 12
The U.S. hit a major milestone in the battle against COVID.
- Now, 70% of adults in the U.S. have at least one dose.
- The number of people getting vaccinated is at the highest rate in a month.
- Get the latest here: US hits 70% vaccination rate -- a month late, amid a surge
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.