Daybreak Today Wednesday Morning Brief
City to address recent COVID spike, Big 12 speaking with Pac 12 leadership, CDC issues new eviction moratorium
On Daybreak Today,
A source with the Pac 12 athletic conference says there is a potential meeting with its leadership and Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.
- Sources say this could be focused on a potential partnership or merger.
- Both the Pac 12 and Big 12 television deals end in 2024.
- Read more from The Associated Press: Pac-12, Big 12 commissioners consider alliances
The City of Lubbock will host a COVID-19 news conference for the first time in months.
- The Lubbock-area has seen a resurgence of the virus in the past few weeks.
- On Tuesday there were 153 new cases reported, along with one death.
- The news conference will be streamed online, get the latest COVID details here: Lubbock reports 153 new cases, one new death on Tuesday
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a new order barring evictions for most of the United States.
- The order impacts areas with substantial and high transmission of the virus.
- The new order will expire on Oct. 3.
- Get those details here: CDC issues new eviction ban for most of US through Oct. 3
U.S. capitol police officers have been awarded the Congressional Gold Medal after a bill was passed unanimously by the House of Representatives on Tuesday.
- The vote was to recognize capitol police and other law enforcement agencies who defended the building during the Jan. 6 riot.
- The bill will now go to President Joe Biden’s desk for his signature.
- Read more here: ‘This attack happened’: Medals to honor Jan. 6 responders
President Biden is now calling on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign.
- A probe by the New York Attorney General’s Office found Cuomo sexually harassed 11 women.
- New York’s democratic state leadership is now looking into a possible impeachment of the governor.
- Read the latest here: Biden calls on Cuomo to resign after probe finds he harassed 11 women
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines, Steve Divine and Michael Cantu along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.