Daybreak Today Tuesday morning brief
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
Hurricane Nicholas makes landfall in Texas
- Forecasters say the storm could bring up to nearly two feet of rainfall
- Right now more than 200,000 customers along the coast line are without power
- Get the latest updates here: Nicholas, now tropical storm, dumps rain along Gulf Coast
City health department releases COVID-19 weekend numbers
- 331 new cases were confirmed Monday, with a total number of active cases more than 4.500
- 208 patients are hospitalized in Lubbock, only 15 patients are fully vaccinated
- Get the latest data here: COVID-19: Lubbock reports 11 additional deaths, 679 new cases since Friday
President Biden to promote infrastructure plan Tuesday
- The president will try to drum up public support for his infrastructure plans in Denver
- He will tout both of his proposed spending plans at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Read more here: Biden turns to Colorado to pitch investments in clean energy
California recall election of Gavin Newsom
- Voters will decide by tonight whether to keep Gov. Newsome in office
- Dozens of candidates are vying to unseat him, but conservative talkshow host Larry Elder is frontrunner of that group
- If elected, Elder would be California’s first black governor
- Read the latest: Biden makes push for California’s Newsom as recall nears end
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines and Steve Divine along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.