Daybreak Today Wednesday morning brief
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
One person hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle late Tuesday night
- Police say the crash happened just before 10 p.m. on the eastbound lanes of the South Loop east of University
- The pedestrian was taken to the hospital with serious injuries
- Read more here: Serious injuries reported after car hits pedestrian on South Loop 289
38th annual CMN celebration Broadcast
- Every dollar donated stays here in Lubbock and helps children at University Medical Centers Children’s Hospital
- The telethon ends tonight at 10 p.m.
- Donate here: 38th annual Children’s Miracle Network Telethon
Gov. Gavin Newsom survives recall election
- Newsom will be able to finish out his term
- California conservatives started the recall effort because they didn’t like Newsom’s handling of the pandemic and other issues
- Get the latest details here: California Gov. Gavin Newsom beats back GOP-led recall
Elite gymnasts to testify about Nassar
- Simon Biles and three other start gymnasts will testify at a Senate Judiciary Committee on the FBI’s investigation into former USA gymnastics doctor Larry Nasser
- The hearing comes on the heels of a Justice Department report accusing the FBI of making mistakes that allowed the abuse to continue
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines and Steve Divine along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.