Daybreak Today Thursday morning brief
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
Lubbock police investigating overnight shooting
- Police say multiple law enforcement agencies responded to a possible shooting around midnight near 108th and Canton
- No word yet on injuries or if any arrests have been made
38th Annual CMN telethon raises $1.076 million
- Every donation will stay here to fund life-saving equipment and services at UMC Children’s Hospital
First all-civilian crew sent into orbit
- The Inspiration-Four civilian crew lifted off Wednesday night for their historical mission from the Kennedy Space Center
- They will return to earth this Saturday where they are expected to land in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida
FBI handling of Larry Nassar investigation
- Simon Biles, Aly Raisman, Mckayal Maroney and Maggie Nichols each testified about the abuse
- They also detailed how FBI agents, along with the USA gymnastics organization “failed” them and other victims
Pfizer booster shots may be needed 6 months after primary doses
- The data comes before the FDA’s advisory committee is set to discuss the company’s application for COVID-19 booster shots
- Pfizer says that a third shot will be safe and necessary for most Americans to take
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Sharon Maines and Steve Divine along with the rest of the Daybreak Today crew for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.