South Lubbock 2-alarm house fire classified accidental

According to LFR, 4 adults were displaced and the American Red Cross is assisting. The Fire...
According to LFR, 4 adults were displaced and the American Red Cross is assisting. The Fire Marshal’s office classified the cause of the fire as accidental.(KCBD)
Published: May. 2, 2022 at 7:18 PM CDT|Updated: May. 2, 2022 at 9:48 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Lubbock Fire Rescue crews responded to a structure fire Monday night in a south Lubbock neighborhood.

According to LFR, crews were called to the home in the 10000 block of Troy Avenue, around 6:08 p.m.

The fire was caused by a propane grill that malfunctioned at a one story single family residence, LFR stated. The fire got into the eaves of the home, then spread from the first house to the neighboring house.

More units were called to the scene to assist when the blaze was upgraded to a 2nd alarm fire. The fire was contained to the two homes.

According to LFR, 4 adults were displaced and the American Red Cross is assisting. The Fire Marshal’s office classified the cause of the fire as accidental.

Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.