Wednesday morning top stories: Citizens recommend $200 million street bond proposal
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
Citizens recommend $200 million bond election
- A citizens committee is recommending a new $200 million street bond proposal that doesn’t include Broadway
- The city council will vote next week on whether to call a bond election
- Read more here: Citizens Advisory Committee recommends $200M bond election for Lubbock roadways
Two injured in crash at 10th and Ave. Q
- Police are trying to determine why a car crashed into a pole just before 10 o’clock Tuesday
- Two people were taken to the hospital
- Details here: 2 injured, 1 seriously, after vehicle collides with light pole at 10th & Q
Senate passes PACT Act
- The U.S. Senate has passed the PACT Act, sending it to President Biden for his signature
- The bill will expand health care benefits for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan
- More on the bill here: Senate approves bill to aid vets exposed to toxic burn pits
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.