Monday morning top stories: Disney blocks programming on Dish and Sling
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Your Monday morning brief,
Media titan Disney is blocking its content from Dish Satellite TV and Sling TV.
- Many people in the U.S. do not have access to Disney Channel, ESPN Sports, FX and ABC local stations in seven markets
- Disney stated Dish and Sling refused to negotiate reasonable terms and the two companies stated Disney stopped negotiating altogether
- Read more here: Disney blocks programming from Dish TV, Sling TV
The capital murder trial of 49-year-old Billy Chemirmir is set to begin Monday.
- The trial for the murder of 87-year-old Mary Brooks will begin today, one of 22 women he is suspected of killing
- He received life in prison without parole after being found guilty in April in the smothering death of 81-year-old Lu Thi Harris
- The story continues: Trial to begin for man accused of killing 22 people in Texas
A rollover on the flyover from S Loop 289 led to one person being injured.
- The person was left with moderate injuries as a result of the crash
- S Loop 289 and Interstate 27 were shut down for a time to clear the wreck
- More here: Rollover on S Loop 289 flyover leaves one injured
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Copyright 2022 KCBD. All rights reserved.