Thursday morning top stories: Man arrested after climbing cell tower
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 6:51 AM CDT
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
No ruling yet in abortion medication lawsuit
- An Amarillo federal judge heard the first arguments in a lawsuit aiming to ban an abortion medication
- The plaintiffs claim the FDA did not properly vet the medication when it was approved more than 20 years ago
- Read more here: Long-used abortion pill in US under threat in Texas lawsuit
Man arrested after climbing cell tower
- 49-year-old Chad Coffey is in jail after climbing a cell tower in Central Lubbock and prompting a shelter in place warning
- It took SWAT nearly an hour to convince him to come down
- Here’s what we know: Lubbock police identify man who climbed cell tower in medical district
Texas Rent Relief applications close today
- Applications for the Texas Rent Relief program are due today at noon
- The state bumped up the deadline after getting about 70,000 applications once the portal was opened — the highest one-day number recorded
- Apply here: https://texasrentrelief.com/
Source: Russia OK’d downing of U.S. drone
- U.S. Intelligence sources say the Kremlin approved the actions that damaged a U.S. drone
- On Tuesday, a Russian jet hit the propeller of a drone in the black sea, causing it to go down
- Details here: US releases video of Russian jet dumping fuel on its drone
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Angie Winn, Steve Divine, and Michael Cantu for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2023 KCBD. All rights reserved.