Friday morning top stories: Texas Tech beats Oklahoma 10-9
Published: May. 26, 2023 at 7:30 AM CDT
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
Texas Tech beats Oklahoma
- Texas Tech came from behind to beat Oklahoma in the second round of the Big 12 Baseball Tournament in Arlington
- They will play the winner of the Oklahoma, Oklahoma State game Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- Read more here: Red Raiders rally to shock Oklahoma 10-9
Juvenile curfew begins today
- The City of Lubbock’s new juvenile curfew goes into effect today
- Kids 16 and under caught after curfew will be taken to the East Division station where they and their parents will receive a citation
- Details here: City-wide juvenile curfew to begin Friday night
Paxton could face impeachment vote
- Texas House lawmakers could vote today on whether to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
- An investigation committee recommended impeachment on charges of bribery and abuse of office
- Full story here: Texas lawmakers issue 20 articles of impeachment against state Attorney General Ken Paxton
Debt ceiling talks
- Negotiators are getting closer to a deal to raise the nation’s debt limit
- Sources say the deal would raise the debt limit for two years and cap federal spending with exceptions for defense and veterans
- Read more here: Deadline looming, Biden and McCarthy narrow in on budget deal to lift debt ceiling
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
As always, be sure to join Angie Winn, Steve Divine, and Michael Cantu for your top headlines. Download the free KCBD NewsChannel 11 app, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Copyright 2023 KCBD. All rights reserved.