$1.6 million raised during 40th Annual Children’s Miracle Network telethon on KCBD
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) -
The 40th Annual Children’s Miracle Network City Bank Celebration Broadcast on KCBD NewsChannel 11 ended with a total of $1,634,635.29 for UMC Children’s Hospital. As the only CMN Hospital in the region, the celebration highlighted our CMN partnership, Miracle Kids as well as continued to raise money to provide the best care possible for patients at UMC Children’s Hospital.
All of the money donated stays at UMC Children’s Hospital. You can still donate online by clicking here.
To see this year’s Miracle Kid stories, click here.
UMC Children’s Hospital is not only marking 40 years as a CMN partner hospital but is also embarking on the expansion of the hospital into UMC’s East Tower. It will become the new UMC Children’s Hospital.
- 1st Floor: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 2nd Floor: Newborn Care
- 3rd Floor: Pediatric Floor and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- 4th Floor: Pediatric Operating Rooms, GI Lab and Procedural Area including Advanced Integrated Operating Rooms and Robotic Surgical Care
UMC Children’s Hospital will also include: Ronald McDonald Room, Child Life Play Areas, Children’s Playroom and Teen Room
- UMC Children’s Hospital has served the children of our region since 1978 and was the first pediatric hospital in the region
- Along with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, UMC Children’s Hospital has led the way in providing advanced care from research-based experts
- UMC is the only hospital in the region verified as both a Level 1 Trauma Center and Pediatric Level 2 Trauma Center
- Level 4 NICU – the highest available
- Level 4 Maternal Care Facility - the highest available
- Certified Baby-Friendly by Baby Friendly USA, Inc
- UMC houses the Timothy J. Harnar Regional Burn Center – the region’s only pediatric burn center within 400 miles
- UMC Children’s Hospital is home to Sable, the first and only facility dog at any Children’s Hospital in West Texas
- UMC Children’s Emergency Center provides more resuscitation and trauma rooms for children than any other in West Texas
- Children’s Behavioral Health Clinic, sponsored by UMC Children’s Hospital and Texas Tech University, supports recovery from both general mental health concerns and traumatic events
Copyright 2023 KCBD. All rights reserved.