Friday morning top stories: Government shutdown deadline nearing
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
David Hampton faces sentencing for murder of 79-year-old Celestino Rodriguez
- Attorneys will deliver closing arguments and the judge will decide Hampton’s sentence
- He faces up to life in prison
- Full story here: Confessed killer David Hampton testifies ahead of closing arguments
Gov. shutdown deadline is tomorrow
- Congress is running out of time to prevent a government shutdown tomorrow night
- The House passed several spending bills, but they would not prevent a shutdown
- What to know about a government shutdown: A government shutdown is nearing this weekend. What does it mean, who’s hit and what’s next?
Pres. Biden impeachment inquiry underway
- A House committee held its first impeachment inquiry against President Biden
- House Republicans are looking into whether the president sold access to his son’s business associate or interfered with investigations into Hunter Biden
- Read more here: House Republicans make their case for Biden impeachment inquiry at first hearing
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Copyright 2023 KCBD. All rights reserved.