The 2023 PGA Championship Odds & Preview: Rory McIlroy
Rory McIlroy is in seventh place, with a score of -1, following the third round of the PGA Championship at Oak Hill Country Club.
Looking to bet on Rory McIlroy at the PGA Championship this week? Keep reading for the betting trends you need before you make your picks.
Put together your best lineup of golfers and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Rory McIlroy Insights
- Over his last 16 rounds, McIlroy has shot below par on six occasions, while also carding two bogey-free rounds and eight rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has carded a top-five score in two of his last 16 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day four times.
- McIlroy has posted a score within three shots of the day's best in five of his last 16 rounds, while finishing within five strokes of the top score of the day six times.
- McIlroy has finished in the top five in one of his past five events.
- He has qualified for the weekend in three of his past five events.
- McIlroy has finished with a score better than the tournament average in two of his past five tournaments, including one finish within three shots of the leader.
Sign up for ESPN+ to get access to PGA Tour Live, which broadcasts the main feed, featured holes and marquee groups from over 35 events per year! Plus, get tons of other live sports, original shows and the full "30 for 30" library. Sign up today!
Over the last year
|Tournaments||AVG Finish||AVG Score||AVG Strokes||Wins||Made Cuts||Top 5s||Top 10s||Earnings|
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest PGA odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
PGA Championship Insights and Stats
- The past 11 times McIlroy has played this tournament, he has finished atop the leaderboard two times. He's also finished among the top 10 five times and his average finish has been 20th.
- McIlroy has 10 made cuts in his past 11 appearances at this tournament.
- McIlroy finished eighth on the leaderboard in his previous appearance at this event, in 2022.
- The par-70 course measures 7,394 yards this week, 94 yards longer than the average Tour stop during the past 12 months.
- In the past year, PGA Tour stops have seen an average score of -5, while Oak Hill Country Club has a recent scoring average of +3.
- The average course McIlroy has played i the last year (7,336 yards) is 58 yards shorter than the course he'll be playing this week (7,394).
- Events he has played in the past year have seen players average a score of -2. That's lower than this course, which has a scoring average of +3.
McIlroy's Last Time Out
- McIlroy was relatively mediocre over the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging par to finish in the 55th percentile of competitors.
- His 4.05-stroke average on the 44 par-4 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship ranked in the 64th percentile of the field (the tournament average was 4.05).
- McIlroy was better than just 15% of the competitors at the Wells Fargo Championship on the tournament's 12 par-5 holes, averaging 4.83 strokes per hole compared to the field average, which was 4.57.
- McIlroy shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, carding a birdie or better on two of 16 par-3s at the Wells Fargo Championship (the field averaged 1.5).
- On the 16 par-3s at the Wells Fargo Championship, McIlroy carded two bogeys or worse (the other competitors averaged 2.2).
- McIlroy's seven birdies or better on par-4s at the Wells Fargo Championship were more than the tournament average of 5.0.
- At that most recent tournament, McIlroy's par-4 showing (on 44 holes) included a bogey or worse nine times (worse than the field average, 6.9).
- McIlroy ended the Wells Fargo Championship bettering the field's average of birdies or better on par-5s (4.0) with five on the 12 par-5 holes.
- On the 12 par-5s at the Wells Fargo Championship, McIlroy carded more bogeys or worse (four) than the tournament average (0.7).
PGA Championship Time and Date Info
- Date: May 18-21, 2023
- Course: Oak Hill Country Club
- Location: Rochester, New York
- Par: 70 / 7,394 yards
- McIlroy Odds to Win: +2000 (Bet now with BetMGM!)
Watch live golf without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
All statistics in this article reflect McIlroy's performance prior to the 2023 PGA Championship.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM and FanDuel for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please play responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.