Rangers vs. Pirates: Odds, spread, over/under - May 22
When the Texas Rangers (29-17) and Pittsburgh Pirates (24-22) square of in the series opener at PNC Park on Monday, May 22, Dane Dunning will get the ball for the Rangers, while the Pirates will send Luis Ortiz to the hill. The game will start at 6:35 PM ET.
The Rangers are favored in this one, at -135, while the underdog Pirates have +110 odds to win. The over/under is 9 runs for this contest.
Rangers vs. Pirates Time and TV Channel
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 6:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Probable Pitchers: Dunning - TEX (4-0, 1.69 ERA) vs Ortiz - PIT (0-2, 5.63 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Rangers vs. Pirates Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup listed on multiple sportsbooks.
|Rangers Moneyline||Pirates Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-135||+115||-||9||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-135||+110||-||9||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-135||+115||-||9||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-135||+115||Rangers (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
If you're looking to put money on the Rangers and Pirates matchup but would like some help getting started, here's a quick primer. Betting the moneyline, run line, and total are some of the most common ways to make bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- say, the Rangers (-135) -- will win the game. Pretty simple, right? If you bet $10 with those odds, and they wind up winning the game, you'd get $17.41 back in your pocket.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to bet, such as player props (will Marcus Semien get a hit?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Read More About This Game
|Rangers Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Pirates Player Props|
|Rangers vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|Rangers vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Pirates|
Rangers vs. Pirates Betting Trends and Insights
- This season, the Rangers have won 16 out of the 24 games, or 66.7%, in which they've been favored.
- The Rangers have gone 14-6 (winning 70% of their games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -135 or shorter.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that Texas has a 57.4% chance to win.
- The Rangers were the moneyline favorite in six of their last 10 games, and they finished 5-1 in those matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups (all had set totals), Texas combined with its opponents to hit the over on the total seven times.
- The Pirates have been chosen as underdogs in 33 games this year and have walked away with the win 15 times (45.5%) in those games.
- This season, the Pirates have come away with a win 12 times in 24 chances when named as an underdog of at least +110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have played as underdogs in seven of their past 10 games and have gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
Rangers vs. Pirates Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Marcus Semien||1.5 (+175)||1.5 (+100)||0.5 (+550)||0.5 (+155)|
|Jonah Heim||0.5 (-208)||1.5 (+125)||0.5 (+475)||0.5 (+160)|
|Ezequiel Duran||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+675)||0.5 (+185)|
|Adolis García||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+450)||0.5 (+125)|
|Josh Jung||0.5 (-200)||1.5 (+140)||0.5 (+600)||0.5 (+160)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Rangers, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Rangers Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+2500||10th||2nd|
|Win AL West||+275||-||2nd|
Think the Rangers can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Texas and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.