Texas Southern vs. Virginia Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 16
Thursday's game that pits the Virginia Cavaliers (3-0) versus the Texas Southern Tigers (0-2) at John Paul Jones Arena has a good chance to be a one-sided matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 82-51 in favor of Virginia, who is heavily favored by our model. Tipoff is at 7:00 PM ET on November 16.
Based on our computer prediction, Virginia projects to cover the 22.5-point spread in its matchup versus Texas Southern. The over/under has been set at 128.5, and the two sides are projected to hit the over.
Texas Southern vs. Virginia Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, November 16, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: ACC Network
- Where: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Venue: John Paul Jones Arena
- Line: Virginia -22.5
- Point Total: 128.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Virginia -5000, Texas Southern +1400
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
Texas Southern vs. Virginia Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia 82, Texas Southern 51
Spread & Total Prediction for Texas Southern vs. Virginia
- Pick ATS: Virginia (-22.5)
- Pick OU: Over (128.5)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
Texas Southern Performance Insights
- On offense, Texas Southern scored 69.2 points per game (241st-ranked in college basketball) last season. It gave up 71.9 points per contest at the other end of the court (235th-ranked).
- With 33.9 rebounds per game, the Tigers were 58th in the nation. They gave up 32.1 rebounds per contest, which ranked 247th in college basketball.
- Last season Texas Southern ranked 281st in college basketball in assists, dishing out 11.8 per game.
- While the Tigers ranked in the bottom 25 in the nation in turnovers per game with 14 (25th-worst), they ranked 102nd in college basketball with 12.9 forced turnovers per game.
- The Tigers came up short in terms of threes last year, ranking third-worst in the nation in three-pointers made per game (4.6) and -2-worst in three-point percentage (27.3%).
- With 6.8 treys conceded per game, Texas Southern ranked 128th in the country. It ceded a 33.7% shooting percentage from beyond the arc, which ranked 178th in college basketball.
- Texas Southern attempted 43.1 two-pointers per game last season, which accounted for 71.9% of the shots it attempted (and 82% of the team's baskets). Meanwhile, it attempted 16.8 treys per contest, which were 28.1% of its shots (and 18% of the team's buckets).
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.