FDA investigates deaths related to Monster Energy Drinks
The Food and Drug Administration is investigating some deaths associated with monster energy drinks. The mother of a 14-year-old Maryland girl has filed a lawsuit against monster beverages. She claims her daughter's heart stopped last year from caffeine toxicity after drinking two 24 ounce cans of monster energy and slipping into a coma. Each can contains 240 milligrams of caffeine. The monster company argues that two cans will not cause caffeine toxicity. The FDA says it's looking closely at the deaths of at least five people with similar stories. It's unclear whether any of these incidents also involved alcohol.
Copyright 2012 KCBD. All rights reserved.