HealthWise at Five: Great American Smokeout
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Garrison Institute on Aging's Healthy Lubbock is promoting tobacco cessation on Thursday, November 15th, as part of the American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout.
- Blue Sky Texas, 4416 98th St. and 3216 4th St.
- Gardski's Loft, 2009 Broadway Ave.
- Picante's, 3814 34th St.
- Red Mango Frozen Yogurt, 8004 Quaker Ave.
- Spoonfull Frozen Yogurt, 411 University Ave. #160
- West Crust Artisan Pizza Pies, 6012 82nd St.
- Zookini's, 8217 University Ave.
Healthy Lubbock and local restaurants encourage smokers to use this date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance to quit smoking that day. Patrons can trade their tobacco products for discounts. For this event, restaurants across Lubbock will be offering discounts on meals in return for a pack of cigarettes or other tobacco products.
- Blue Sky Texas…10 percent off of purchase
- Gardski's Loft … $5 off entree
- Picante's…– free small queso
- Red Mango Frozen Yogurt … 20 percent off of purchase
- Spoonfull Frozen Yogurt… 15 percent off of purchase
- West Crust Artisan Pizza Pies… 20 percent off of purchase
- Zookini's… 15 percent off of purchase
The American Cancer Society is marking the 37th annual Great American Smokeout on Nov. 15. By quitting, even for one day, smokers will take an important step towards a healthier lifestyle – one that can lead to reducing cancer risk.
For more information, call the Garrison Institute on Aging at (806) 743-7821.