Two suspects arrested, charged with stealing guns from Gebo's

Published: Jan. 27, 2015 at 3:41 AM CST|Updated: Jul. 28, 2015 at 2:41 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Andrew Jiminez, 26 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center)
Andrew Jiminez, 26 (Source: Lubbock County Detention Center)

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Lubbock police have arrested two suspects accused of stealing guns from Gebo's on 50th.

Christopher Lee Garcia, 28 and Andrew Jiminez, 26 are both charged in the Jan. 8 burglary.

Investigators say they broke into Gebo's on 50th near Avenue A and stole 15 rifles.

According to court records, Garcia told police he went to the store before the break-in to view the guns and take pictures.

So far, police have recovered nine of the stolen weapons.

They're asking anyone with information to contact the department.

LPD Lt. Ray Mendoza said, "These are some weapons that are in the hands of some pretty bad people, so if they know something, please come forward."

The ATF is also involved in this investigation, so both suspects could also face federal charges.

Copyright 2015 KCBD. All rights reserved.