Advertisement

Carbon monoxide leak at Cotton Patch, employees evacuated

Published: Apr. 17, 2015 at 2:07 PM CDT|Updated: Oct. 16, 2015 at 2:07 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Lubbock Fire Rescue and emergency crews evacuated Cotton Patch after a carbon monoxide leak.

Firefighters were called out to Cotton Patch in the 6800 block of Slide Road around 9:15 a.m. Friday.

Fire officials say that an alarm went off indicating the leak. The building was temporarily evacuated and ventilated.

Officials say a cleaning crew was using a gasoline powered pressure washer and a strong cleaning agent.

A female manager was taken to the hospital as a result of exposure to the carbon monoxide and cleaning chemical combination. No word on this person's condition.

Copyright 2015 KCBD. All rights reserved.