Atmos repairs natural gas leak on 109th Street

Atmos repairs natural gas leak on 109th Street

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Lubbock Fire Rescue were called to the scene of a natural gas leak in the 4100 block of 109th on Wednesday night.

Atmos representatives say a residential customer was digging a hole with an auger to plant a tree and hit a gas main.

As a precaution, the Lubbock Fire Department evacuated two homes. The leak was stopped at 11:25 p.m. and repairs were made to the line.

Atmos says they did not loose service to any customers.

Copyright 2015 KCBD. All rights reserved.