Lubbock’s municipal pools now open for 2016 season.
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Lubbock's municipal pools are now open for the 2016 season.
The pools officially opened at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Hours of operation are Tuesdays through Sundays 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Entrance fees are $2.00 for youth (17 and under) and $2.50 for adults.
Group rates are available for groups of 35 or more and must be scheduled through Kayla at 775-2670. Pool rentals are available for parties Thursday-Sunday from 7:00-9:00 p.m. by calling 775-2673 or reserving online at www.playlubbock.com.
- Clapp Pool, 46th & Avenue U, 767-2736: Amenities include a 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, and shade umbrellas.
- Mae Simmons Pool, 24th & MLK, 767-2732: Amenities include a 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving board and shade umbrellas.
- Maxey Pool, 4007 30th Street, 767-3739: Amenities include a concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade umbrellas and shade trees.
- Montelongo Pool, 3200 Bates Street, 767-2734: Amenities include a 90' water slide, concession stand, lifeguards, showers, diving boards, shade umbrellas, a separate wading pool, and zero depth entry into main pool.
For those who want to swim with us all summer, our Summer Splash Passes are available at the Parks and Recreation Office at 1611 10th Street, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or online at www.playlubbock.com through our Online Registration link.
Pickup days for all online orders will be on Mondays during open hours at the Parks and Recreation Office.
These passes are great for kids and adults alike and are priced to be affordable. Summer Passes are as follows:
- Family Splash Pass - Good All Summer - Cost: $150 for a family of four
- Individual Splash Pass - Good All Summer - Cost: $65 for children and $90 for adults
- 30-Day Splash Pass - Cost: $45 for children and $60 for adults
- 7-Day Splash Pass - Cost: $10 for children and $14 for adults
Copyright 2016 KCBD. All rights reserved.