2 displaced by Thursday morning house fire

2 displaced by Thursday morning house fire

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Two adults have been displaced by a Thursday morning fire near 61st and Quaker.

No injuries have been reported, and fire officials believe no one was home when they got the call about the blaze at 11:51 a.m.

Lubbock Fire Rescue quickly had the fire under control, but the house suffered moderate fire damage and heavy smoke damage. The Red Cross has been called to assist the family.

The fire apparently started at the back of the house, in the back patio area, and spread to the attic and kitchen. Fire officials believe the fire was caused by a heat lamp in a dog house.

Some power lines were found down in the back yard, but at this time, fire officials don't know if they came down before or after the fire started.

Copyright 2016 KCBD. All rights reserved.