LPD: Stolen car, four-wheeler recovered, six in custody
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A stolen car and a stolen four-wheeler have been recovered and six people are in custody following arrests by the Lubbock Police Department's Crime Suppression Unit on Wednesday morning.
A Honda Fit was reported stolen during a burglary of a habitation in Southwest Lubbock. LPD says the burglary happened around 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 7.
The investigation led police to a home in the 1100 block of East 76th Street.
Matthew Lott was taken into custody and arrested for outstanding felony warrants and misdemeanor warrants. Investigators anticipate additional charges will be filed.
LPD says officers on scene were able to recover the stolen Honda Fit, a Honda four-wheeler reported stolen out of Randall County, and a trailer that was possibly stolen. The Crime Suppression Unit continues to investigate the circumstances of the burglary in which the car was stolen.
During the investigation, the following addition people were arrested:
- Jessica Riggs for possession of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor arrest warrant
- Michelle Atkinson for a misdemeanor warrant
- Daniel Welch for a misdemeanor warrant
- Alex Espinoza for felony escape, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and resisting arrest
- Christopher Owen for a misdemeanor warrant
Police say Lubbock County Sheriff's Department Criminal Investigations Division Deputies also assisted with this incident.
Copyright 2017 KCBD. All rights reserved.