Lubbock Parks & Recreation to host summer camps
Information courtesy of the City of Lubbock
Come for a week or the whole summer! Your kids will never be bored at any of Parks and Recreation's youth day camps with our weekly themes and activities. Register in person during open hours at the camp location you would like your child to attend.
Activities for these eleven-week camps include arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor games and sports, swimming, field trips and more. Parents should register at least one week in advance and will be required to pay the first week's camp fee and a one-time registration fee. Weekly fees include field trips, swimming and snacks. In order to determine eligibility for the discounted rate, applicants must reside within the city limits and provide information on all sources of income. Space is limited. For more information, contact the center of your choice.
• May 29-August 10 from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m, Ages 6-12
• Cost is $85/child/week Scholarship Rate: $42.50/child/week for income eligible families
• One-Time Registration Fee: $30 Scholarship Rate: $15
• Rawlings Community Center, 213 40th Street, 767-2704
• Simmons Community Center, 2004 Oak Avenue, 767-2708 or 767-2700
• Trejo Supercenter, 3200 Amherst, 767-2705
Tennis Camps @ Burgess Rushing Tennis Center:
Burgess Rushing Tennis Center has youth camps throughout the summer for almost any age or experience level. For the beginner or advanced beginner, there are weekly Summer Tennis Camps from 9:00-11:00 a.m. for just $25/week held most weeks during the summer. In addition, there are Boot Camps for the competitive junior player for $200/week from 8 am-5 pm on July 9-13 and July 16-20.
Burgess-Rushing Tennis Center is located at 3030 66th Street. Call 767-3727 for more information.