(KCBD) - The Caprock Hi-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force and the Texas Anti-Gang Center charged 20 people with federal drug conspiracy and other drug charges. This comes after a multi-county raid on Thursday, where nearly a dozen places from Terry County and Lubbock County were raided.
According to the indictment, the defendants engaged in a conspiracy to distribute cocaine and other illegal narcotics throughout West Texas and elsewhere. The indictment further alleges that from approximately January 2018 through June 2018, the defendants conspired together, and with others, to possess with intent to distribute 500 grams or more of methamphetamine; five kilograms or more of cocaine, and marijuana.
U.S. Attorney Erin Nealy Cox stated: "This is just an example of the amazing results that have come, and will come, by uniting federal, state, and local law enforcement in fighting drug trafficking in West Texas. By adopting the 'one mission, one team' approach to narcotics, violent crime, and gang enforcement, the HIDTA and TAG will produce exceptional results for the people of the South Plains."
The indictment was returned by a federal grand jury in Lubbock, Texas earlier this month, and unsealed today, charging 21 individuals in a conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana; distribution and possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine, cocaine, cocaine base, and marijuana; unlawful use of a communications facility; and bulk cash smuggling. 17 of those defendants were arrested this morning, five were already in custody at the Lubbock County Detention Center on related state charges.
As a result of the operation, law enforcement seized approximately one pound of cocaine, five pounds of hydroponic marijuana, five firearms, 12 vehicles, and a recreational vehicle.
Most of the defendants arrested will make their initial appearances in federal court before United States Magistrate Judge D. Gordon Bryant, Jr.
Those defendants arrested today or in custody on other charges are:
- Jose Garcia-Lizanaga, also known as “Chepe”, 43, Lubbock
- Jorge Luis Lizarraga-Tirado, also known as “Luis” or “Barba”, 30, Mexican citizen
- Antonio Alvarez, Jr., also known as “Tony”, 42, Lubbock
- Eduardo Agustin Cruz, also known as “Lalo”, 41, Lubbock
- Robert Lee Melendez, also known as “Roberto”, 26, Meadow
- Jesus Marcus Franco, also known as “Jesse”, 34, Brownfield
- Juana Sanchez, also known as “Juana Salazar” or “Jaime”, 41, Littlefield
- Richard David Hupper, also known as “Piraton”, 42, Pennsylvania
- Andrew Doyal Pugh, 29, Alabama
- Gregory Holleman, also known as “G”, 50, Lubbock
- Saul Chavira-Molina, 25, Kansas
- Jermaine Edgar Garmon, 40, Lubbock
- Shad Everett Evans, 42, Brownfield
- Arturo Sanchez, 39, Lubbock
- Petra Maria Sauceda-Perez, also known as “Aunt” or “Tia”, 38, Fabens, Texas
- Kim Herrera, 27, Lubbock
- Jessica Angel Deleon, 34, Lubbock
- Broderick Bradley, 35, Lubbock
- Ambrosio Garcia, Jr., also known as “Bocho”, 33, Lubbock
- Ambrosio Garcia-Rodriguez, Sr., 58, Mexican citizen