Lubbock family displaced by air conditioner fire

Family displaced by electrical fire

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A Lubbock family is out of their home Friday night after a window air conditioner caused an electric fire.

Lubbock Fire Rescue was called to the home in the 1800 block of East Brown near Parkway Drive just after 5:15 p.m.

The fire was contained to a back bedroom where the unit was located. The unit's electrical wiring had caught a mattress on fire.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Copyright 2018 KCBD. All rights reserved.